July 27, 2012

Magic Maggie





Magnetic (Maggie) Island has to be one of my favourite locations in Australia. Its located about 30 mins by ferry from Townsville and is filled with lush rainforest and the most amazing beaches. We stayed two nights at Horseshoe Bay and even in that short time I could see why people wouldn't want to leave this magical place.
The people are so friendly and laid back. They serve the best lattes you have ever tasted. I mean it if your in Australia you need to get your butt to Magnetic just to have a latte and then you will see what I mean. 
As you can see from the pictures the sunsets are amazing. People seem to drop what their doing and pick a spot on the sand to watch the sun slowly set. Filling the sky with amazing colours and slowly changing as it goes down. Each picture that I took was more colourful then the last that I ended up taking so many that it was hard to choose which ones to put up to try and get across the beauty. Seeing it in person was breath taking. I am so glad we decided to take a couple days to explore this Island as it was well worth it. If I ever make another trip to Australia this will be at the top of the list to re-visit.

5 comments :

  1. Magnetic Island sounds amazing, Binx would love those sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautifu and sounds amazing. :-) So glad to know about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I live in a beautiful place on Long Island (New York) and I often feel I'm on vacation (and the prices/cost of living is expensive too--so it further justifies my idea of living in a vacation spot!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I'd love to go someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this sounds like such a beautiful spot... and what gorgeous pictures!

    Happy SITS Day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...