August 24, 2012

Big Crystal Creek Adventures

After the long and some what disappointing trip up around the Cairns area we really wanted to find a peaceful relaxing place that we could enjoy all by ourselves. Someone along the way had recommended that we go to Big Crystal Creek National Park and camp there for a couple of days.
I wasn't really sure what to expect and was hoping for the best in the way of clean bathrooms and a running shower but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived.



Tucked away is a secret paradise that few people seem to know about. Our campsite was under all the beautiful trees and only a five minute walk to this natural swimming pool in the creek bed. I relaxed, sunning myself on the rocks next to the pool while Jason perfected his dive. The water was so clear that you could see the fish swim by and later we discovered a family of turtles that were living under the rocks.
While walking around the area we also discovered these secluded natural rock slides and a little waterfall. Always up for a challenge Jason was game to try out the rock slide. For me the water is a bit to cold, it being winter over here and everything but I would love to come back up here in the summer and go camping and try the slides out.



It was a beautiful natural wonder that we stumbled upon and I'm so glad we decided to stay here for a couple days. Sometimes theres nothing better then leaving all your technology behind and just taking a few days to enjoy the simple things in life.

2 comments :

  1. The water is still way too cold for me, I'm longing from summer in such a big way. It looks and sounds like you've stumbled upon a real gem of a spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ looks like he's having a lot of fun, thats some great diving posture too! Where are the photo's of the turtles?

    Every time I come here you blog is different, having fun figuring out what you like?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...