August 21, 2012

Just one of those days

I remember the day I found this book as I wandered around my local Chapters. I was feeling lost and not like myself and had decided to go to the bookstore and Starbucks to cheer myself up.
For me it was exactly what I was looking for. I was restless and oh so undecided about what direction I wanted my life to be going in. I missed Europe and it had all ready been almost a year since I had left and returned to Canada.
I felt a kinship with the main character in this book. I had decided that I didn't want the white picket fence kind of life because there was so much of the world I wanted to see. I related to her as everyone around me was moving on with their lives. Having kids, getting engaged, moving forward while I felt stuck.
When the movie came out I loved every minute of it. I felt like Julia Roberts totally pulled off the character and everything she stood for. Many of you may disagree but every time I am feeling down or undecided about life I watch this movie or pick the book up again and it instantly puts me at ease and makes me realize that its totally ok that I have no idea what I want to do or where I will be at in five years. Not knowing is part of the adventure and you should relax and enjoy the ride.
While I am really enjoying my time here in Australia and am trying to make the most of this fantastic opportunity I still have those days, the ones that make me doubt myself and second guess the direction i've chosen. But then I take a break. I allow myself the uncertainty that I'm sure everyone has felt at one time or another but this story always lifts me back up every single time.
Does anyone else have a favourite book or movie that they love to watch when they feel this way?

2 comments :

  1. Wow weird. I was thinking about this movie today and how much I wanted to watch it again and that I needed to go off traveling and etc....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...