October 27, 2012

Sunday Confessions

Today I thought I would try something new and participate in a linkup. I see them a lot on other peoples blogs and think its a great way to find new people to follow and blogs to read. I'm linking up with Alyx over at Every Day is a New Adventure and sharing my own Sunday confessions so here goes.



1) I am actually a bit petrified of magpies ever since I was dive bombed by one. I actually flinch every time I hear one.

2) I just discovered and am in love with Strongbow Apple Cider with mangos and passionfruit.

3) Just found out that one of my favourite bands Garbage has released a new album after a very long time away and am loving this song so far.

4) I have been reading a ton of books while we have travelled across Australia but my favourite new find is A Discover of Witches and Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness.

5) I am becoming so use to the hot weather here in Brisbane that when we do have a rainy day I actually feel really cold. I'm in trouble if we move somewhere else.

Happy Sunday everyone.

13 comments :

  1. I am jealous, I am stuck in cold Holland and had to pull out my thermal underwear yesterday! Travelling in Australia reading cool books sounds like heaven!

    Added A Discovery of Witches to my to-read list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Holland. Didn't realize it would be that cold there yet. Do read it you will love it. She is an amazing author

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check out that book! It sounds like fantasy fiction and that's right up my alley! New follower from the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew what a magpie was until now lol - I had to google it :P I've always loved Garbage too btw, ever since their 1st album. That book sounds like a good one - I'll have to check it out. I believe a trip to Chapters is in order for today :D Happy Sunday! Have fun X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I understand how you feel - I'm deathly afraid of pigeons! They're like rats with wings, gross. Haha.

    Thanks for the book recommendations, I'm always looking for new books to read.

    Happy Sunday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't realized Garbage came out with a new album... Maybe I'll check it out and see if it's any good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, im glad you joined us at the hop, isnt it fun? I'm a new follower via bloglovin. Your blog is cute! Are you from Australia? I'm scared of birds, & snakes..& praying mantis'. Glad to meet ya, stop by to say hi if you get a chance?

    Nikki
    www.TheCraftySideOfSarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki,
      I am from Canada originally but am travelling around Australia and living here for awhile. There are plenty of scary things over here to be worried about thats for sure.

      Delete
  7. The Discovery of Witches series is so good! She totally needs to release the 3rd book already. Have a great rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Link ups are great for meeting new bloggers and finding new blogs to read. I'm deathly afraid of magpies! I haven't been attacked by one...yet...touching wood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lucky. It is not a pleasant experience and I have met some people that actually have scars from magpie attacks.

      Delete
  9. Ha ha you made me laugh with your last comment about getting cold with the weather there! I'm intrigued by this book "A discovery Of Witches" and will have to check it out.

    The new Garbage songs are awesome, I was pretty stoked about that too....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, you are not allowed to make fun of me, but I had never seen a magpie (or at least acknowledged one) until this past year when we were in Scotland. I think I would have crapped my pants if it had tried to dive bomb me, so I'm glad it didn't.

    Sorry I'm just now reading, but thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...