As I said in my Sunday confessions I haven't blogged much in the past week. I have a good reason though. The weather has been so fantastic here lately that we have been spending all our spare time down at South Bank beach which is a ten minute walk away for us. You can see how tempting it is now right. Its a perfect little spot to go when you don't feel like driving out of the city to get to a beach.
We spend many hours down here. Its like our second home. I love the sun. I could lay out on the sand for hours content to read my book and sip iced lemonade.
It was so hot yesterday that I actually went in the water. That is a big thing for me as it seems no matter how warm it is the water is still freezing to me. Temperatures reached the high 30's though so it was the perfect way to cool off so I was able to continue baking in the sun.
Don't worry though I am the sunblock queen. I am so paranoid with skin cancer an anti-aging that I lather it on every hour or so. I also hate to tan, but love the sun. Weird right. I have excepted that I am extremely pale and have come to love that so when I do tan it looks so strange to me. My freckles come out in abundance though. They actually take over my whole entire face. When it gets really bad I will take a picture for you so you can see what I am talking about.
Happy Sunday everyone. Its confession time. If you would like to participate head on over to visit Alyx at Every Day is a New Adventure and link up.
1) I was a really bad blogger this week. But who wants to be inside when its so nice outside. I spent all my spare time down at the beach this week.
2) I am missing my family a ton lately. Especially my sisters. I miss Harry Potter marathons and meeting up for hot yoga together.
3) My new obsession food wise is dim sum. We found this fantastic place that has the most delicious chicken and garlic dumplings. I could eat them everyday.
4) Even though we are not buying any Christmas presents this year I am still so excited to go to all the Christmas markets. Although it will probably be way to warm to drink hot apply cider I will still buy it just for the smell.
5) I love being a Beautician but sometimes I just get so sick of pampering people all day long. I need to book myself in for a day at the spa.
Monday, I'm glad we agree to disagree on the likelihood of us becoming friends. You always show up when your not wanted and refuse to end as quickly as I would like. There is no amount of coffee in the world that will make me wake up enough to actually be productive which causes me to usually end up leaving the house without brushing my teeth or putting deodorant on. Sometimes both.
I press the snooze button at least ten times causing me to run around frantically because I have left myself very little time to get ready. I get home and the last thing I want to do is cook so I usually end up eating something thats really bad for me and watching tv until I fall asleep.
You really are a waste of a day Monday so hear is a letter for you.
Our lovely roommate invited us along with her and some friends to Bryron Bay for the weekend. Byron Bay is a very touristy town with loads of backpackers from all around the world. It is a perfect place for a getaway with sand, sun and great waves to surf.
There is something about eating fish and chips on the beach that makes it taste so much better.
The weather was perfect the first day. We strolled along the beach taking pictures and watching all the surfers challenge the waves. Stretched out in the sand deciding that it was a great idea to bask in the heat of the sun and spend the afternoon people watching.
The view was amazing and so peaceful.
We made homemade pizza and played hilariously embarrassing board games. Ventured out to experience the night life and listen to live music.
On our last day there we decided that it would be a great idea to walk up the winding stairs to the look out point and lighthouse. But it decided to rain, so we drove instead.
The weather sort of held up enough for me to snap a view pictures before it all became a blur.
This view probably would have been much better on a clear day.
Thats right I was standing on the most easterly point of the Australian mainland. How exciting.
Its Friday all ready and this weekend promises to be a beautiful one. I am totally happy and content with everything in life at the moment which believe me is a rare thing. So for this day I will sit back, relax and enjoy it. Here is something to get your weekend started.
I'm sure everyone has heard and seen all the destruction caused by hurricane Sandy. Although I have not been personally affected by this it still saddens me to see all that damage and devastation. It warms my heart to see how so many people have come together to help those affected rebuild what they have lost and offer support in their time of need. If this every happened to me I would really hope that people would find it in their hearts to help in any way they could, even if it was very small.
Saying that I think its really important that we don't forget those who cannot take care of themselves and depend on us when things go wrong. Of course I'm talking about all those adorable animals that have been effected by hurricane Sandy. The pictures make me to sad to look at so I won't be posting any but I will be donating some money to help the cause as being so far away I am not able to donate food or toys.
I first heard about this great idea through one of the bloggers I follow Hallie from Life: Oceanside and thought it would be great to spread the word so that everyone has a chance to help this fantastic organization.
Operation Wesley is a organization that assists families and their pets with financial and emotional support when it comes to medial emergencies, or the hardships of cancer.
Its been a rough couple of weeks I have to say. After having so much time off work getting back into the routine is proving to be so much tougher then I ever thought it would be. Especially the part where my alarm goes off at 7:00 every morning.
I think it is really going to take some getting use to. This whole having to go to work everyday. I drink way to much coffee, even for me and by the time I get home there isn't a whole lot I have the energy for. My reaction to the thought of having to cook dinner is very similar to the image above.
Hopefully I will get the hang of things soon so we can go out and explore this grand city that we are living in.
1) The seasons over here in Australia are completely opposite to home that I'm getting a bit confused. Every time I go out shopping I still feel like I should be buying warm cozy stuff instead of preparing for summer.
2) I've been looking around etsy pretty often lately and am loving all the Harry Potter inspired accessories especially this.
3) I just had my hair coloured and am loving my new highlights but after reading through a couple of magazines I think I might want to switch to a copper red colour instead. How ridiculous is that.
4) The beau thought it would be funny to buy a fake red back spider and scare me with it, which he was able to do no less than five times. I was extremely mad given my fear of spiders but I couldn't stop smiling. I have to admit it was pretty good and five times is an accomplishment with the exact same object.
We seem to be settling in nicely here in Brisbane. We have found a great furnished place to rent with air-conditioning and a hot tub. It is a great feeling to be settled into our own place and actually have a place to hang all my clothes after all that time spent in the camper van.
Brisbane is a fantastic city and easy to get around and explore. We have fallen in love with the South Bank area with boutique espresso bars and night markets filled with local crafts and artwork. I have wandered for hours exploring different places and taking pictures stopping for a latte when I need a rest.
I will hopefully post some pictures of our home in the next week or so.