November 26, 2012

Sun on my face and toes in the sand

As I said in my Sunday confessions I haven't blogged much in the past week. I have a good reason though. The weather has been so fantastic here lately that we have been spending all our spare time down at South Bank beach which is a ten minute walk away for us. You can see how tempting it is now right. Its a perfect little spot to go when you don't feel like driving out of the city to get to a beach.


We spend many hours down here. Its like our second home. I love the sun. I could lay out on the sand for hours content to read my book and sip iced lemonade.



It was so hot yesterday that I actually went in the water. That is a big thing for me as it seems no matter how warm it is the water is still freezing to me. Temperatures reached the high 30's though so it was the perfect way to cool off so I was able to continue baking in the sun.


Don't worry though I am the sunblock queen. I am so paranoid with skin cancer an anti-aging that I lather it on every hour or so. I also hate to tan, but love the sun. Weird right. I have excepted that I am extremely pale and have come to love that so when I do tan it looks so strange to me. My freckles come out in abundance though. They actually take over my whole entire face. When it gets really bad I will take a picture for you so you can see what I am talking about. 




2 comments :

  1. I would love a beach and some beautiful water right about now! It's freezing over here in the pacific northwest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, with the weather this perfect it's pretty hard to get anything done - except perhaps working on your tan ;) We're going up to Gladstone for Christmas and I really just want to pack my bags NOW now NOW!!! And I'm with you, I love the water, but it usually is too cold for me, even when it's warm for everyone else! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...