December 11, 2012

Cozy day

When I wake up on my day off and hear the soft pitter patter of the rain on the windows I smile and snuggle back under the covers knowing that its going to be the perfect lazy day. There is something soothing about the rain. Its an excuse to cancel the to do list that was suppose to be completed that day and give in to the need to just relax.


When I finally get myself out of bed I make a coffee and head out to our deck and sit underneath a soft blanket and look out into the backyard watching the rain. Its a time to daydream, a time to let your mind wander.

Pictures are from weheartit.com

One of my favourite things to do on a rainy day is dress in a comfy sweater and drink coffee or hot chocolate. Order in yummy take away and watch all those movies we have downloaded but haven't had the chance to watch.
It doesn't feel like I have wasted the day. Im rejuvenated and ready to face the week ahead.
Sometimes we just need those wonderful lazy days.

What are some of your favourite things to do on rainy days?

3 comments :

  1. I am all about curling up with blankets, a hot beverage, and a good book. With the puppy at my feet. Especially if it's rainy AND cold, I will take any excuse to just stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew of course! Rob and I did watch a whole bunch of Walking Dead the other weekend and it was so nice to just chill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds perfect... and of course the sewing too!.. or baking!
    smiling..
    miss you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...