December 16, 2012

Sunday Confessions

Hope everyone is having a lovely end to the weekend. I have been working lots of hours this past week as we are super busy leading up to Christmas so I haven't been up to much. Does that count as a confession?



1) I have been extremely frustrated with some things/people this week. I feel like I am going through a rough patch and I don't know if I should just ride it out and hope for the best or sit down and talk about it and try and change things.

2) I had an amazing afternoon filled with delicious dessert wine and catch up conversation with one of my favourite friends here in Brisbane. Also the first friend I made here. She really made me feel so much better and I appreciate her taking the time to listen to my rants.

3) The above friend is moving away to Adelaide in the New Year and I am excited about the new beginning for her and her husband but am so sad I am losing a friend when these days it is so hard to have really close friends.

4) I am starting to hoard books again. I just love going to second hand book stores and Sunday market stalls filled with $1 and $5 books. Who can pass up those deals.

5) I watched the movie The Perks of being a WallFlower this weekend and my favourite quote is - And in this moment I swear we were infinite. New tattoo idea maybe.

  

7 comments :

  1. It is really hard to make friends as an adult, since moving to Holland I have only really made one true friend and the rest are friendly but not real friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see that movie! I read the book and wasn't a huge fan, but everyone I've talked to says the movie is pretty good. :)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to see Perks! I read the book for the first time last year and LOVED it. Hopefully the movie will live up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frustrations with people- I know that feeling. Good friends are hard to come by, so I'm sorry yours will be father away now. Haven't seen the movie, but I really want to. Found you through Vanisha's giveaway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - good friends are hard to find! I do hope you will come to Adelaide and drink wine with me. You and Jason are great people and we always have fun together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been having some of those days too! Your lucky to have a friend to turn too!
    Im always here if you need to chat..
    Christmas on a beach will be awesome!.. See, being a vegetarian you won't miss having Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the book and was not a fan, but maybe the movie will be better? Who knows.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...