January 21, 2013

Birthday Celebrations

Being born in January I have accepted that I would always have a cold birthday. So the fact that it was in the high 40's yesterday was such a novelty to me. I wanted nothing more then to find a peaceful spot on the beach and relax with a good book. Maybe take a dip to cool off.
It was a perfect day. Even better was the fantastic surprise that Jason had been keeping a secret for the past week. Jason had booked us on the Kookaburra River Queen dinner cruise. This was something that I had wanted to do since we came to Brisbane but just never seemed to make the time to book it. I was so excited when our cab pulled up to the pier and I realized what he had planned. The fact that he remembered this from months ago when we were taking a walk and I noticed the paddle wheeler going down the river and mentioned that it would be neat to experience that.
 The cruise lasted for two hours with a buffet style dinner. While enjoying the fabulous dinner we were able to see some amazing sights along the river. There was an adorable older gentleman who came around and instructed Jason to wrap his arm around me so he could take our picture and capture the magical moment.

The pictures I did take are not the best. My camera didn't want to cooperate with me but even still it couldn't ruin my mood. I was on cloud nine.










2 comments :

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...