February 4, 2013

Goodreads


I am so excited to share my fantastic find. Has anyone heard of the website goodreads.com? Maybe you all have and I am just way behind. I discovered this magical gem while reading through the wonderful blog Precious Impressions by Catriona, when I saw a post she had done that mentioned a website that gave you recommendations on what to read next depending on your taste in books.
I couldn't believe my luck. I had been searching for something exactly like this that would help me keep track of all the books I have read and recommend ones depending on my taste.

You can sign up for free here. Pick the categories that you read the most and then it will get you to rate those books you have all ready read and discard ones that you are not interested in and bam your list of recommended books appears.

I now have many many books on my list and I will slowly be working my way through them as it is on my 30 by 30 list to read 200 books by the time I turn 30.
On this list are:

Shiver - Maggie Stiefvator
Sisterhood everlasting - Ann Brashares
Maine - J. Courtney Sullivan
Magnified World - Grace O'Connell
The winter witch - Paula Brackston
Incarnate - Jodi Meadows
Eve - Anna Carey
Spellcasters - Kelley Armstrong
Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare
Things we love - Kate Spade

I could go on but I won't torture you. What are you reading right now? I would love any recommendations you might have.


14 comments :

  1. I love goodreads! We should find each other on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been looking for some good new options :)
    and i think i am going to try one of these out.
    Appreciate it!
    xoxox

    www.caitlinannexo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodreads is my fave! Been using it since 2010! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I saw you on Rachel's blog and wanted to come check out your blog! I am your newest follower. I'm obsessed with Goodreads. I only discovered it when I started blogging a few months ago. :)

    www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I need something like this! What a lovely find! Thank you so much.

    Would love it if you stopped by sometime

    Love from South Africa

    Arum Lilea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    Love Goodreads been a member for a while now.
    I would love to invite you to join in my online book-club that I have started there. We are just choosing books for our 2nd Book read, it would be super if you considered joining in.
    The Group is called Marigolds' Loft Online Book-Club. You can find it if you search groups on Goodreads, or visit my blog :)
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finished The Hobbit and now I'm reading To Kill a Mockingjay by Harper Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh perfect! Every book I've picked in the library lately have been rubbish, could do with some recommendations.

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been on goodreads for awhile but do not utilize it nearly enough! I just finished a book called "The Zookeepers Wife" which is a about a zoo during the war which was interesting. I am now reading "The Dovekeeper" which I really like so far! Love book recommendations, thanks for sharing!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just found your blog, and I have had a little nose and I am in love.... I am following you on bloglovin and can't wait to read your past posts.

    You have a new fan. :)

    Lou

    www.thekeypieces.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shiver is brilliant and Cassandra Clare is an amazing writer. The film for one of her books is coming out in August I believe.

    Jaye x
    http://the-movie-life-of-jayep.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read anything for a couple months now, and seeing your post makes me want to get back into it again. I have an addiction to books, and have way too many at homw that I need to read before venturing into any site like this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Goodreads! I've been addicted to it for a couple of years now. I've read some really good books that were suggested by the site and some that I'd never have picked up normally

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...