February 13, 2013

Inner Happiness

I have been a huge fan of yoga for many years. Not only does it help to keep you in shape and toned but its peaceful, relaxing and helps to quiet your mind. After a long, hectic day once you hit the mat all that disappears and its just you and your practice. My favourite so far is hot yoga. I find the sequence combined with the fact that its extremely hot in the room really allows your muscles to stretch, slowly working out all the kinks in your body.
I started to get into a routine where I would wake up at 5:45am drive to the studio for the 6:30am class(this is how much I loved the instructor that taught the early morning classes because man am I not a morning person) the first 10 mins of the class I am usually pretty sleepy and it takes me awhile to really get into it. By the time I am down I am revitalized, energized and ready to start my day. Its only 7:30 so I have plenty of time. I shower and get ready for work then walk across the parking lot to the starbucks for a coffee.
Having this routine gave me time in the morning to slowly wake myself up and prepare for the day. To sip my coffee while reading a book and really enjoy myself instead of rushing around the house frantically trying to get ready for work because once again I had slept in.
I would go 6 times a week usually and even completed a 30 day challenge.

Since I have been travelling however I have become distracted from my practice. I was so excited to be touring around and exploring new places that I completely forgot how important this morning routine was for me. There is also the fact that once we came to Australia we had such a laid back lifestyle that I never really felt like working out or taking on the task of finding a studio that was a great as my previous one.
I am happy to say that I have become aware of how much I have missed doing yoga on a daily basis and am slowly getting back into it bit by bit. I have found some wonderful videos online and although it is not the same as the hot studio or the atmosphere my body thanks me for resuming.

This video is something I found on a friends Facebook page a long time ago but I love to watch it. It is something to aspire to. The amount of strength it takes to be able to do these moves is amazing and I hope one day to be able to complete this.


P.S thank you so much for the kind words on the previous post. I feel much better now and have worked everything out with myself. I think everyone goes through this and I need to remind myself to step back and take a breathe once in awhile.

7 comments :

  1. Wow I was completely mesmerised by that video! Incredible strength! I'm also a huge fan of Bikram yoga and totally addicted to it. I know what you mean about finding a studio and a teacher you love, because this can really make or break your practice. I hope you find a place that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find a hot yoga class! I've heard so much about it and need to try:) I need to start getting up early again so I can prepare for my day more slowly like you do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great video - yoga is something I have often thought about trying as it would be so different from my aerobics and Zumba classes.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling blog just found you from Postcards from Rachel so excited to be your newest follower!!
    Just FYI $200 GC to Tiffany & Co Giveway happening now!
    Come check it out :)
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/2013/02/200-tiffany-co-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl! I try to do yoga even if only for 20 minutes a day. I also try to do Sadie's 10 minute core yoga videos on Youtube as often as possible. She kicks your butt dude!

    Chao
    Poppie
    http://thepoppie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoga is my lifeline. I don't know what I'd do without it.

    xo Ami
    a champagne dream

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...