February 24, 2013

Sunday Confessions

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. I sure did. I strolled the morning markets, sipping a delicious latte. Explored the library and stocked up on some reading material. Wandered around taking pictures and am now relaxing at home with the beau getting ready for an evening of watching our beloved tv shows and the new die hard movie.


Here are some awesome Sunday confessions for you.

1) I finally convinced Jason to come to the markets with me. Success.

2) I have set a challenge for myself to read 80 books this year. Lets see if this actually happens.

3) I have heard a lot of people say they watch the tv series Downtown Abby. Is it really worth watching?

4) Our friends here were fascinated with our love of poutine, especially when we said we were improving it by adding pieces of roast chicken and stuffing. Yum.

5) We haven't made it to the beach in a couple weeks now. Sad face. I know I shouldn't complain because we have had some fantastic weather but this rain needs to go away.


6 comments :

  1. I've heard so many people talking about Dowton Abbey, I may cave soon... I'll keep you posted if I do!

    80 books sounds very impressive, I love reading but have struggled to find time lately, going to try and make it more of a priority!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES Downton Abbey is worth watching! The plot is quite predictable but I love it for the melodrama, the posh accents, the beautiful settings and the 1920s fashion. I'm totally addicted! See the link for proof :)

    http://le-bonvivant.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/smitten-by-downton-abbey.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love Downton Abbey - i would tell you to definitely check it out. do watch it from the very beginning. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be a loser because I've tried watching Downton a few times but never liked it:( I think it's black or white, you love it or you just don't get it.

    And way to convince him to go with you, I can't get my man to go anywhere ;)

    When Mine Became Ours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, well, I haven't watched 'Downton Abbey' myself yet. There's such a HUGE HYPE about it and I'm worried that it'll not turn out to be as fantastic as it's been made out. I don't like to be disappointed and so sometimes it's just easier to go without. ;) I recently started watching 'Game of Thrones' because I had so many people telling me I just HAD TO watch it, but you know what? I don't know if I like it. It's not the violence or the nudity or anything like that, it's simply that there seems to be so many characters and a lot of subplots and I kind of like my TV simple. I don't want to have to think about what I'm watching - if I wanted to 'think' I wouldn't watch TV, that's the point.
    Anyways, if you do decide to watch 'Downton Abbey' be sure to let us know your thoughts. I'm certainly curious.
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Canada, so I can understand your poutine love! Adding bits of burger to them is amazing, I've never thought of chicken - that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...