June 7, 2013

Book review: Wild - From lost to found on the pacific crest trail

I am a total bookworm. There is never a time that I do not have a book by my side. I feel lost without them, so with that I thought it would be great to share some of my favourite books on this little space of mine. Lets start with one that I have just recently finished and have fallen in love with.


Wild is the personal memoir of Cheryl Strayed. At 22 she had just lost her mother and has her life started to spiral out of control in the following years she decides that she has nothing else to loose and after reading a guide book about the Pacific crest trail she decides its just what she needs.

This book in my opinion is so well written. I felt like I was right there with her on her journey. Glued to my seat for 3 days I read this from cover to cover unable to put it down for a second. Her life could have so easily continued down the distractive route it was heading but instead she decided to push herself far beyond what her body could handle in order to find peace and perspective.

I even feel like I could maybe one day hike this trail. Just to experience first hand what it was like to do this. If you would like to learn more about this book click here to go to her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...