June 18, 2013

Stradbroke Island

Stradbroke Island was one of my favourite tourist experiences while in Australia. It is such a magical place full of lush forest and natural landscape. We decided to sign up for a tour to experience this wonderful Island so we could be sure to see everything it had to offer.

First stop was Tea Tree Lake. The water was a sort of murky brown which made me hesitant to step in but supposedly this lake has special healing powers. Swimming in this lake cures skin aliments and leaves skin refreshed and smelling good.







This guy was massive and I wasn't about to get to close to him, I let Jason do that.



We of course got to go search for Koala's up in the trees and I was able to spot this adorable guy who woke up just long enough to give us a once over before falling back to sleep. We also spotted a young Koala swaying in the breeze way up high in the branches but I wasn't able to get a great picture to show you.


Some of the many signs that are often posted on the beaches in Australia


This one makes me want to stay well away from the water. I wouldn't even dip my toes in.

I have a ton of pictures from our tour so I will be doing another post on Stradbroke later in the week.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...