July 5, 2013

When the unexpected happens

To explain my absence from the blog lately I am going to tell you a little story about when something not so great happens to you. I contemplated if I should share this with the world on the blog here but why not, I pretty much share everything else.

It all started about a week and a half ago. Jason and I had been doing tons of yard work to surprise my mom when she returned. The next few days I had felt a little sore around my sides and stomach but thought I might have just pulled something. Then last Monday I woke up to severe shooting pain up my right side to the point where I couldn't walk. My mom decided it was best to head into the emergency to check things out. After four hours and lots of tests they couldn't find anything, but sent me home with pain killers anyways.

The next day I just sat on the couch, the day after that I felt like I was coming down with the flu, by Thursday my stomach started to hurt and I couldn't really eat anything. Friday I started to feel extremely bloated and cramping in my stomach and pretty much slept all day. Friday night I woke up in extreme pain and started vomiting up dark green, which was one of the things on the release sheet they had given me that said to come right back in if this happened. So back to the emergency I went.

After more tests they were finally able to tell me that my intestines and colon were extremely swollen and inflamed and they couldn't believe the difference to the previous scans. I was admitted to the hospital and put on two different types of antibiotics and morphine(thank heavens). The worst part was the clear liquid diet I was put on meaning all I had to eat was broth and jello.

Three days later I was still in a bit of pain but no where near as bad as Saturday so they agreed to release me. The doctors still don't know exactly what had brought this on so fast but are satisfied with the fact that the antibiotics seem to be doing the trick. I am mending slowly but pretty much am tired all the time and sleep a ton. I am on a soft food diet only for a while and need to take antibiotics for the next month.

Its been a humbling experience as I often take my good health for granted. I am looking forward to eating regular food again and resuming yoga. For now I except that I must relax and let my body heal.

I hope to be back to a regular blogging schedule come Monday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...