August 12, 2013

Surprise Visit

On our return to North America we decided to surprise my mom by showing up unexpectedly instead of letting her pick us up at the airport.

Reason one: After two days of travelling I knew I would be exhausted and ready to crash

Reason two: Just to see the look on her face

So we planned it all our with her husband, he had offered to come pick us up from the Chicago airport and drive us to Michigan without spilling the beans to my mom. I wish I had my camera ready to capture the look on her face when we came through the door. My mom lives out in the Country in a log house surrounded by a beautiful garden.

Here are a few pictures from the first week of our stay.


 We went out for dinner to celebrate my moms husbands 50th birthday. The food was delicious so if you are ever in Douglas, Michigan I recommend stoping at the wild dog for dinner.

 Beautiful Max, one of the few times I got him to sit nicely for a picture. He use to run and jump, knocking me to the ground every time he saw me. I believe we have come to an agreement that this is no longer fun.




A few pictures of moms garden. Our arrival was timed perfectly as all the tulips were out.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...