September 17, 2013

Day 11 - Looking back one memory at a time

Day 11 of Blogtember is a memory you would love to relive. There are actually tons of memories I can think of that I would love to relive. The day I met Jason, when we moved in together and spent the first night in our apartment. When we stepped on the plane with a one way ticket to Australia. But for this purpose I think I will go a little further back into the past.



Lets see, I was 22 and travelling around Europe. I had decided to sign up to volunteer on the Island of Corfu in Greece on a lovely horse farm. At first I had only planned to stay one month and move on to other destinations. But after that month I wasn't at all ready to go. I ended up stay five months, and only left because I was running low on money and needed to find a proper job.

Life was peaceful, exciting and exactly what I needed at that time in my life. I spent my days playing with horses, riding and teaching little kids how to take care of the ponies. We lived up on a hill overlooking the ocean in this old mansion. One the property we had horses, dogs, chickens, cats and a few orange and lemon trees. The other volunteers became my best friends and family. I could have lived there for the rest of my life. It was a very magical time for me and I found myself there at a time that I so desperately needed to step away from the real world and hide away for a bit.


A little piece of paradise.


1 comment :

  1. This is magical. What a fun job. I admire your independence and the experiences that came with it.

    abroadsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...