September 24, 2013

Day 16 - Tales of a female nomad


Day 16 of Blogtember is to review a book, place or product. I of course decided to review on of the many books that I have read over the summer.

Takes of a female nomad by Rita Golden Gelman

Its no secret that I love to read books about travel, in fact I have a never ending list of books that I want to read. But this book blew me away. Its such an inspirational tale of a women who is going through what starts out to be a separation from her husband that then turns into a divorce. Instead of wallowing in self pity she decides to travel to all the places that he husband was never interested in. She doesn't just vacation like a tourist she immerses herself in the culture. Choosing to stay with locals, learn their language and partake in their daily lives.

She travels to Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Israel, Galapagos Islands, Indonesia, Canada, New Zealand and Thailand over the span of eight or so years.


Reading this book will make you feel like you are walking right along beside her in her travels and adventures. It will ignite the wanderlust in your heart and make you want to pack a suitcase and start and adventure of your own.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...