September 30, 2013

Day 20 - A family heirloom

Can you believe that it is the very last day of Blogtember. I can't believe that September is all ready behind us. I have no idea where this month went or what exactly I did with my time. I start a new job today so after five months off its back to reality. Wish me luck. I think it might take me a week or so to get back into the groove of getting up early and all that.

For todays post we are talking about a family heirloom.


This is my great grandmother Tamars ring, given to her by her aunt. My great grandmother loved my mother and so this ring was given to her. I was named after my great grandmother. Tamar is legally my first name but I have always gone by Kayleigh. My mom has kept this ring for me while I travelled around and until I felt like I wanted to have it and knew I wouldn't lose it.

I absolutely love this ring and it fit perfectly without needing any resizing which was great. I am so in love with vintage jewelry and this is exactly my taste. I am so proud to have something that has been handed down for generations. I have heard that I have a few of my great grandmothers qualities and I feel like I now have a part of her with me by wearing this ring everyday.


2 comments :

  1. What a beautiful ring and so special as it has a story behind it. Incredible that it fit too - obviously meant to be yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous ring.
    I know what you mean about being worried about loosing it; my dad gave me my mums engagement ring just before we left for Cyprus. Its tucked away somewhere safe because im scared to wear it, but every now and then I panic and have to check its where I store it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...