October 28, 2013

Gillis Falls Cape Breton

Gillis Falls is about 20 mins away from Sydney Nova Scotia. There are no signs to tell you where to go or that you have arrived. Most people here about them via someone else. Its like a secret sanctuary that only a few know about, or at least I like to think that. You can here the sounds of the water crashing from the side of the road. Letting the sound guide you you wind your way through trees and bushes leading further and further into the dense forest.




There is something so relaxing about the sound of waterfalls, do you agree? I could spent hours sitting here in my own little world listening. Jason immediately wanted to start fishing and actually caught a few, they were to small to keep though.



Since moving to Nova Scotia I have become a bit obsessed with waterfalls and am forever on the hunt for a new one to explore. Know of any good ones?




This little fishing lake wasn't far from the falls and Jason was dying to try out his new fly fishing rod.




I'm not going to lie, I spent most of my time running around trying to catch these cuties while Jason was busy trying out his new fly fishing rod.


We briefly stunned this guy by accident but it was long enough to take a quick picture before he flew off. I am still some what scared of dragonflies from a story my dad use to tell me when I was little. Some things just stay with you I guess.

2 comments :

  1. lovely photos! that waterfall looks like such a serene little alcove in the woods.

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was extremely peaceful, I can't wait to see it in the winter time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...