November 11, 2013

Lest we forget


For the past couple of weeks I have seen the lovely older gentleman sitting around at their poppy booths. Every time I went into the grocery store they would ask if I would like a poppy. Of course I all ready had five pinned to my bag but whats another donation to help out the people who so bravely fought for us.
Here in Glace Bay November 11th is taken very seriously. All shops close down including grocery stores. No one even thinks about decorating for Christmas until after today, out of respect for the veterans. Although I have been to the parades and seen other people wearing the poppies this kind of whole hearted response is something new, maybe it just gets lost when you live in a big city.

Today I will wear my poppy proudly and remember all who sacrificed.

1 comment :

  1. We don't have the poppy as a symbol for us, but it's nice to know that everyone takes a moment to respect and remember. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...