November 5, 2013

Remember, remember the 5th of November

Gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. - Allan Moore, V for Vendetta.

Happy Guy Fawkes day everyone. One of the best holidays of the year.
I have some amazing memories of growing up in England and celebrating Guy Fawkes night. Massive bonfires are lit and everyone gathers around for the anticipated fireworks.  We usually lit sparklers and could entertain ourselves with them for hours, dancing around in the dark trying to spell our names before the first letter faded into the darkness. Once we moved to Canada we carried on the tradition, in a much smaller way. But still we invited family and friends to gather in the celebrations, although I don't think they ever really understood what it was all about.


5 comments :

  1. Very cool! I just looked up the history about it, because I loved V for Vendetta, but didn't know much about Guy Fawkes day. Any holiday that uses sparklers to celebrate is awesome in my book:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love it. I also watch V for Vendetta every year.

      Delete
  2. Every Novemeber 5th, my friends and I get together to watch V for Vendetta. I wish we had sparklers now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you did this. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

    abroadsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...