December 3, 2013

Fortress of Louisbourg

The Fortress of Louisbourg is a National Historic Site of Canada located in Louisbourg, Cape Breton.  The original settlement was built by the French in 1713. The fortress was attacked twice by the British before being completely destroyed in the 1760's. Jason and I choose to spend our anniversary on October 16th touring around Louisbourg. As a kid I loved school field trips to any historical site so when I looked up this place I thought it would be perfect for a day trip. The weather was perfect and all the leaves had the beautiful fall colours.








After September it is considered off-season which means tickets were half price. Plus the entire time we were there, there was about 10 people in total so it was extremely peaceful and we took out time in each building really soaking up the atmosphere.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...