5 tips to surviving winter
1) Get moving. I know that its extremely hard to make yourself go outside when its cold, but I promise you will feel good if you get your butt off the couch and workout. My favourite is hot yoga. I find hot yoga is the perfect remedy to cold winter days. By the time I leave an hour later I am in a great mood, I have sweated out all my negative thoughts and am ready to embrace what the day has to offer.
2) Stock up on vitamin D. Its not a nice feeling, waking up to go to work its dark, drive home from work its dark. I feel so much better during these short days when I take a lot of vitamin D during the day. It makes a huge difference in my day to day mood.
3) Start a few hobbies. Instead of spending hours in front of the tv, how about trying something new. Knitting, quilting, jewelry making. Imagine how many neat homemade gifts you could make in the months that its to cold to spend anytime outside. You will feel a since of accomplishment and have lots to show off to your friends.
4) Stock up on all your favourite holiday drinks. Hot chocolate, baileys, pumpkin spice, gingerbread, my list could go on. Nothing says cozy like a hot drink and a good book. If you have a fireplace even better. I could spend hours in front of a fireplace reading.
5) When its a total blizzard outside, cozy up with your other half. Turn on a movie, order some takeout and shutout the rest of the world. We all need a little down time. I love spending a Sunday cuddled up on the couch, a stack of movies ready to watch and an endless supply of coffee and baileys.
What do you love to do during those cold winter months?