December 6, 2013

Pumpkin Spice syrup recipe

As we head into the holiday season I start to crave all the warm and cozy food and drinks. One of my favourites and something I wait for every year for Starbucks to bring out is the pumpkin spice latte. Now going to Starbucks everyday sure adds up and really isn't budget friendly, but I always want to take advantage of the fact that they only keep this drink out for a limited time. This year I have a strict budget which really doesn't allow me to order these to often, so instead I decided to try and make the syrup at home so I could add it to my coffee whenever.



I decided to use the recipe from A Beautiful Mess which you can find here. They have all kinds of great recipes for every season.

You will need:

2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon or 4-5 cinnamon sticks 
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
a scant 1/2 teaspoon cloves 
4 heaping tablespoons pumpkin puree 


Combine all ingredients in a pot and stir over medium heat allowing the sugar time to dissolve. Let it continue to simmer for about 5-6 mins but be sure it doesn't start to boil. Strain the mixture to remove any unwanted chunks. Store in a container of your choosing. I put mine in a couple of mason jars and store it in the fridge. Its great to have on hand if I decide I want to add a bit of flavour to my morning latte.

If I really fill like going all out I add a bit of whip cream and some cinnamon sprinkled on top. Such a treat on a cold, dreary winter day.


3 comments :

  1. I have all of these ingredients... I think that's a sign I should make it tonight! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to try this. I have actually never had a pumpkin flavored drink. I enjoy the smell via others drinks and candles...I may need to change that soon! :-)

    Tyne
    http://neoboha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...