January 10, 2014

Setting Intentions


This year instead of writing down goals that I know will probably be tossed aside and forgotten within a month, I have decided to pick a view things that I would like to focus on and improve in my life.

Eat a whole food diet
I have really been slacking on eating healthy, instead taking the easy way out and grabbing whatever is fast. I feel so much better when I stick to natural, organic meals and make sure to have a green smoothie every morning. I have picked up a whole foods cookbook and hope to work my way through it this year.

Live in the moment
I love planning our vacations and adventures but I tend to lose myself in that task and forget to make the most of the present. This year I will focus on what every day has to offer.

Shop with intention
For some reason I tend to focus on a single colour when I go out shopping, then I come home and my entire closet is the same colour. I have 3 pairs of green boots. I also get sucked in when I see a sale sign and ending up buying things that I'm not 100% sure about. This year I will buy quality over quantity and only buy things that I am really excited about.

Focus on learning
By now everyone who reads this blog knows I love to travel, it usually comes ahead of anything else, I would rather give up clothes shopping to save just so I can go on one more vacation. Although this year we still plan on taking a few trips (more on that later) I have a strong desire to focus on learning. I have wanted to go to a blog conference, take a photography class and a few others just for fun. This is the year its all going to happen.

Have you set any intentions for this year?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Today I am hosting the fresh face Friday blog hop with the lovely Casey from We Took the Road Less Traveled. Follow the rules below and join in. Be sure to stop by some other blogs, great way to make new friends.



Welcome to the
FRESH FACE FRIDAY BLOG HOP!
No prompt, just fun!

Hosted by: Casey @ We Took the Road Less Traveled

Rules for hopping:
1| Follow your host & co-hosts (first 3 links), pretty please! 
2| Link up your blog's homepage or Bloglovin' page.
3| Hop around, meet new bloggers, and leave them love!
4| Have fun? Spread the word and share this blog hop with your friends!
5| Want to be a co-host? Click here for more info! 

Grab a button and share the blog hop love!
We Took the Road Less Traveled
Tweet about this blog hop!

4 comments :

  1. Hi I have a few intentions, eat more healthier and learns more about photography. There are a few others but no biggie.

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am definitely with you on my intentions for this year...especially living in the moment and focusing on learning. this is the year i will FINALLY learn photoshop :)

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://www.dreamsinhd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo & quote are beautiful! Love it, and your intentions for the year. This year I just want to DO MORE! I'm already going to Vancouver & florida, so I'm off to a good start :) haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...