January 20, 2014

Today I turn 28

Today is my birthday. I love more then anything to just relax on my birthday. Plan a spa day, get my hair done ect. Last year Jason and I spent the day relaxing on the beach, soaking up the sun. This year  I made it back to Calgary just in time to celebrate with my sisters and friends who I haven't seen in all most two years.


I actually can't believe I am 28, how time flys when your having fun. Years 26 and 27 were packed full of excitement and adventure. I embraced my gypsy soul whole heartedly and followed my every whim. We lived with few belongings and even fewer responsibilities which I must say was refreshing. Of course there were some hard times along the way which we managed to deal with.

I have no problem with getting older, every year I learn new things, visit amazing places and of course learn from my mistakes. For some reason now that I am 28 I find I am thinking more and more about buying a house and putting some roots down. Not that we won't always want to travel, but the idea of having a place of our own to come back to is becoming pretty appealing, especially with raising rents costs.

This year I want to focus more on learning new things, challenging myself and being a great friend, sister and girlfriend. 28 is for embracing who I am, focusing on all the positive instead of the negative. To enjoy the place that I live with and have adventures closer to home and to try and always find the beauty in things.


7 comments :

  1. happy birthday dear! it sounds like you have a wonderful perspective and i'm sure 28 holds many great things for you.

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://www.dreamsinhd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope you get to relax and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! You've got some great goals for this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the wonderful birthday wishes lovely ladies. It was a great one and I got to celebrate a few days later once Jason returned as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...