March 20, 2014

Life Lately


I woke to the ping ping of my phone letting me know I had a text. Grudgingly I lift myself out of bed and rub the sleep from my eyes. Morning has once again come to quickly but it means I get to talk to Jason as he finishes his shift and heads back to his hotel. I love these early morning conversations, there is nothing better then hearing his voice to start my day. It occurs to me just how lucky I am to have Jason. Not that I don't think that everyday but today in particular I am grateful for his sage advice and support.

My coffee is slowly brewing in the french press and I feel myself perk up from the smell. Its a blizzard outside even though its suppose to be the first official day of spring. I dislike the cold grey days of winter but today there is something weirdly magical about the snow.

There is an endless quiet all around me and I find myself spending hours sipping my coffee and watching the big fluffy flakes fall. With the promise of warmer weather I find myself coming alive with goals and ambitions for the year ahead. Many ideas have been swimming around in this head of mine, I'm not to the point of sharing them just yet but in the next few months I will have lots of things to talk about.


6 comments :

  1. Beautifully written post! Such a lovely piece of writing to read in the morning :) I too love these types of mornings. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its always nice to have these types of weekends every once and awhile.

      Delete
  2. How exciting. I can't wait to hear what you've got up your sleeve. And what beautiful words and sentiments. Patrick and I reminisce about the time we spent apart and how we'd talk on the phone, with the time difference and everything. We still pick up the phone and call each other because we're so used to it. While being together physically is amazing, we still kinda miss hearing the other person's voice on the phone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember your wonderful posts about your time apart from Patrick. It was amazing to see how you guys still put the effort in and made time for each other even though you where often apart.

      Delete
  3. I always start my mornings talking to the boyfriend. He is two hours ahead and I feel excited every morning when I check my phone and have lots of little messages of love. That photograph is brilliant - spring in the snow! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are so excited to finally get to be with your boyfriend everyday. It will be so refreshing for you to get to share in this new adventure together.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...