April 24, 2014

My European adventure


Can you have a life crisis at the age of 22? Well at the time for me it sure felt that way. I had graduated college, had a full time job, a nice apartment and a boyfriend. To everyone that knew me, I had a great life. To me, I felt like the walls were slowly closing in. I looked around at my life and realized I wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. My original dreams of seeing the world and owning nothing more then what fit into a backpack, had been pushed aside for a 9 to 5 office job. I felt like I had sold my soul for a good paycheque.

Realizing that I was far to young to give up on my dreams, I decided to do something extreme. I quit my job, sold everything I owned and booked a one way ticket to England. I spent most of my childhood living in England so I had friends and family there. It seemed like a good place to start, a soft landing so to speak. I know a lot of people thought I was completely nuts for doing this. For me, I felt like a giant weight had lifted off of my shoulders the minute I stepped on that plane.

My travels started out in England and would take me to all sorts of wonderful and exciting places including, Wales, Amsterdam, Germany, Prague, Greece and Italy. Six years later I look back on those memories and know that those experiences helped shape who I am today.

More to come on these adventures soon.

2 comments :

  1. There's definitely something special about being 22. That year was one of the best years of my life. I made so many 'big' decisions and big changes to my life but looking back at it all now, I can't help but think, how did I ever consider not doing all those things! I hope the next six years are just as amazing and rewarding for you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like 22 seems to be a big year for everyone. These past six years have been amazing for sure. Its always amazing to look at old pictures and relive all those memories I have created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...