July 7, 2014

Calgary Blogcademy



I find myself still buzzing with energy from the blogcademy weekend. Dancing around my house with my new sparkly ears, I can't get over the fact that I actually got to meet Gala, Kat and Shauna. Can you say starstruck. Such inspirational women, its impossible not to leave with a smile on your face and a bounce in your step.

The morning of the blogcademy I was a mess. I had clothes strewn all over the place, deeming everything I owned dreadful. I spent twenty minutes on the phone with Jason trying to explain why I was so nervous. I some how managed to miss breakfast altogether.  Even though I had a bit of a rough start, once I arrived outside of the Commons and saw all the women standing outside, I instantly knew that this was going to be a fantastic weekend.

As we entered, everyone spotted Gala, Kat and Shauna waiting for us at the from and instantly went silent. It was totally surreal to be in the presence of these women whose blogs I have been reading for years. After a few minutes of introducing ourselves and getting to know a little bit about everyone it was time to get down to business.

Over the next two days we learned everything from setting up a blog, how to network and working with brands. Just in case things started to get to serious, we had plenty of breaks for donuts, selfies and group photos.

I had an amazing time. By the time I left Sunday evening I was filled to the brim with inspiration and ideas. The highlight of the weekend was getting the chance to sit down, one on one with Gala. She answered all my questions and actually took the time to look over my blog, giving me plenty of helpful tips. Now to apply all the knowledge I have learnt, that is the trick.

2 comments :

  1. that sounds like such a lovely and fun weekend!!! I wish they had more blog meetups around my end..sadly Winnipeg isn't that populated with bloggers haha

    xx Amber

    www.ambermagus.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Leibster award an I hope you'll enjoy participating!

    http://shoesaremymuse.blogspot.ca/2014/07/leibster-nominations.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...