August 4, 2014

First day of summer camp


The first day of yoga teacher training reminded me of summer camp. That nervous/terrified feeling you have when you're not sure what you signed up for was actually a good idea. I still remember how badly my legs were shaking as I walked up the stairs to the front reception. Within minutes I had introduced myself to several women who I would be taking the class with. I realized then that I had no reason to be nervous, everyone was just as nervous as I was.

We started the morning with an opening circle, which consists of each person taking a turn to say a bit about yourself and why you chose to take the training. Looking around the room I was fascinated with all the different paths that had lead each person here. Twenty eight completely different personalities would be spending the next four weeks together, sharing what would prove to be both a physical and emotional journey.

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing more about my journey and what I plan to do next.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...