August 26, 2014

Forget me not pond


This summer we have really taken advantage of the hot days to escape the city and explore the surrounding mountains. Forget me not pond is about an hour drive south of Calgary. There are actually two different lakes and a river perfect for fishing. If your looking for more of a weekend getaway there is also camping a five minute drive away.



The water was so clear you could see right down to the bottom. Unfortunately the water was absolutely freezing so no swimming for me. We discovered a few trails heading off into the hills. One day I would love to pack a picnic, pick a trail and head off and explore.





2 comments :

  1. I love the colour of the lakes of West! And those mountains. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really amazing that just an hour out of the big city are these amazing views. Makes for a great day trip

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...