September 22, 2014

Athens, Greece

I had a great time while staying in Athens. As soon as I checked into my hostel I met some fellow Canadians that were also bunking in my room. All of us had been travelling alone so we decided to explore Athens together and see what the night life was like.


The day we decided to tour the Acropolis it was a historic holiday of some kind so our entry was completely free. That was pretty awesome. Unfortunately most of the Acropolis was surrounded in scaffolding and undergoing renovations, which made it difficult to get a decent picture.
At night though it looked beautiful.





Athens has plenty of history and architecture to keep you busy for days. The area surrounding the Acropolis is gorgeous and filled with fantastic restaurants and cafes. I couldn't get enough of the vendors selling fresh coconut water and roasted chestnuts.


4 comments :

  1. i hadn't heard the best things about athens before so it's great that you had such a wonderful experience! we are thinking about visiting the greek isles sometime next year so will definitely spend a day or two in athens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly, the area around the acropolis is wonderful, having said that once you step out of that circle not so much. I found a great bunch of people to hang out with that were staying in my hostel and it made all the difference.

      Delete
  2. I have visited one of the Greek Islands but not Athens yet. Your photos have captured this so well and I like the sound of the cocunut water and roasted chesnuts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went there in October I think it was. It was perfect weather still and the street vendors always had some interesting things for sale.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. I read each and every comment and try my best to reply to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...